Thursday, July 9, 2009

syaza's skill

wolaaa...i am syaza raihan..i was born on may 14 1986 and i am from jb...i am a taurean yeayy...anyway if you ask me what computer skill i have...hehe i will just smile..as i am not born to be a computer genius anyway..haha..the funny thing is my dad was a computer programmer but so sad i do not inherit the skill unlike my brothers and sister...poor me..if only i know how to do with java script, programming computer or etc ,my life will be easier...hehee...but with common software n website, i am glad i get used to them...thank god..especially blogging, facebook, friendster...hehehee:)and now i am teaching my 56-year-old mom on how to use youtube hehehe...




anyway, some of the computer software that i know how to use : PowerPoint, Microsoft word...and so on..except Microsoft excel :( so many instructions and i tend to get confused...hehe..




hardware skill/knowledge?...my mom just gave me a laptop last year...before this i used hp gigantic desktop..so i am still learning ..but i know to plug all that of course...hehehe...if my computer is being attacked by any bad virus, normally i just send it to my brother..as simple as that...hehehe but i guess i am a bit wiser now..even i am not pro anyway:)




third question: do i have any opportunity to use computer during my practicum? hurm i must say yessss a lot..and my students love ittt! i remember i grabbed their first attention in my first class by downloading a song People in My Town...eventually they did not come out with song lyrics so i listened to so many times and wrote it..they really apreciated alhamdulillah..then i used in my literature class by downloading video clip of phantom of the opera..they were so mesmerized...what else..i even asked my students to locate information from Internet for their project -Interesting Places in Malaysia~the result, it was so fabulous..in fact i still stay connected with my students through blog, msn and facebook (i created a special account for them:) )...i tried to follow their trends and beats as i know they are active bloggers, they have blogs among them you know..children nowadays~in fact, when i taught my adult students for English course, i used it a lot...to help me in my teaching...i downloaded clips about grammar, and Beatles's song in my lesson..and my students enjoyed my lesson alhamdulillah..sometimes Internet helps me in my daily lives anyway.




lastly, have i ever participated in any online learning...yes i did..when i was in school my teacher asked me to surf a few websites which i have forgotten hehehe...but i think i use a lot when i am doing degree in TESL..as a lot of courses require me to do article review...so i have to read a lot online journals:(sometimes i participated it to find ideas to make my teaching becomes more interesting and creative to attract my students' attention..

guess i have to stop now...i think i talk a lot here...anyway i used to have a few blogs last time and we discussed a lot about recent issues with my blog followers...so that's why i keep on talking ,talking...endlessly hahaha...i hope you do enjoy reading my post (if you read)...thanks for reading..not til pen meets paper but..til keyboard meets screen ehhehe...anyway have blast day...and feel free to share your views..what sayyyy youu hehehe...salam




1 comment:

  1. Learning should be a lifelong process, you can still learn programming from your dad

    ReplyDelete